Online application process
There is a one-time, non-refundable $20 application fee regardless of whether you ultimately attend MCTC. We strongly suggest you pay with your credit or debit card online at the end of the online application, so your application process will not be delayed. You may also pay by check or money order to Business Services by mail or in person. Do not send cash. International student applicants are required to pay by check or money order in U.S. dollars. You will not be admitted to the college or able to enroll in courses until the application fee has been received and processed.
Date of Birth
MCTC requests your date of birth in order to assign you an initial pin number. Without this information we will not be able to assign you a PIN number and you will not be able to access our online services.
You will receive an automated email response that your online application and payment has been received. Please do not respond to this email. To view the admission steps for your type of admission see the How to Apply page of this website and select the type of applicant. The Admissions office will send an e-mail regarding your admission status, placement testing requirements and completing Orientation/Registration. Once you have met admission requirements and your application fee has been processed you will receive a letter of acceptance to the college from the Admissions office.
Proceed to the online application process
Choosing a program
On the online application, you will be asked to choose a program of study.
- You must choose a program to be eligible for financial aid.
- You will choose your first classes based on the program you indicate.
- You must meet program placement requirements in order to enroll in program courses. The following programs have additional admission requirements: Air Traffic Control, Cinema, Electroneurodiagnostic Technology, Nursing, and Polysomnography, Refer to the Educational Programs page to see program and course requirements for all majors.
- If you plan to complete 2 years of general education credits before transferring to complete a bachelor degree, choose Liberal Arts as your desired major/academic program.
- If you haven’t decided on a program yet, pick the one that most closely matches your interests.
- If you need information about our educational programs, explore them on this website or contact admissions.
If you have a question about the online application process, please email the Admissions Office or call 612-659-6282.
Two-Year Colleges Make the Grade
“The pendulum has swung” toward community colleges.
In a recent Star Tribune article, community colleges were recognized for offering an inexpensive, fast-track path to employment. Although once regarded as “the 13th grade,” popular opinion about community college has since changed.Read More