Apply as a New College Student
You are a new college student if you will be going to college for the first time. Follow these steps if you have a high school diploma or GED or are a high school senior who will graduate before enrolling.
- Apply online.
- Pay the $20 nonrefundable application fee. Please pay with your credit or debit card online at the end of the online application so your application process will not be delayed. You can also give a check to Business Services by mail or in person.
- Study for and take the college’s placement tests.
- Watch for an email regarding your admissions status. If you are applying to a career or technical program, you will receive a separate communication about admission to the program.
- Go to orientation, where you’ll register for classes.
If you are applying for financial aid, start as soon as you have applied to the College.
Proof of high school graduation or GED
- If you are a senior, ask your high school to send an official final transcript after you graduate.
- If you have a GED, please send a copy of your certificate to Admissions.
- If you have graduated in the last 5 years, ask your high school to send your final transcript as proof of graduation.
Two-Year Colleges Make the Grade
“The pendulum has swung” toward community colleges.
In a recent Star Tribune article, community colleges were recognized for offering an inexpensive, fast-track path to employment. Although once regarded as “the 13th grade,” popular opinion about community college has since changed.Read More