Apply as a New College Student
You are a new college student if you will be going to college for the first time. Follow these steps if you have a high school diploma or GED or are a high school senior who will graduate before enrolling.
- Print your pre-enrollment checklist.
- Apply for admission online and pay the $20 application fee.
- Study and take the College’s placement tests.
- Watch your email for your next steps and information about your acceptance into the college.
- Once you complete placement testing, sign up and attend orientation, where you’ll register for classes.
Apply for financial aid as soon as you apply. The instructions are located on our financial aid pages.
Proof of high school graduation or GED
- If you are a senior, ask your high school to send an official final transcript after you graduate.
- If you have a GED, please send a copy of your certificate to Student Services.
- If you have graduated in the last 5 years, ask your high school to send your final transcript as proof of graduation.
Choosing a program
On the online application, you will be asked to choose a program of study––learn more about selecting a program and declaring your major here.
If you have a question about the online application process, please email the Admissions Office or call 612-659-6282.
Two-Year Colleges Make the Grade
“The pendulum has swung” toward community colleges.
In a recent Star Tribune article, community colleges were recognized for offering an inexpensive, fast-track path to employment. Although once regarded as “the 13th grade,” popular opinion about community college has since changed.Read More
MCTC Works! Register now for the fall semester.
Registration is still open for the fall semester!Watch the Video
Te invitamos a conocer nuestras programas educativos (Univision).Mira el Video