MnSCU Visiting Students
If you are currently admitted at another Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system campus (MnSCU) you may choose to enroll at Minneapolis Community and Technical College (MCTC) as a MnSCU Visiting Student. MnSCU Visiting Students are not required to submit an application for admission.
MnSCU Visiting Student requirements:
- MnSCU Visiting student status is not available to individuals currently on suspension or having a financial hold at another MnSCU campus.
- Visiting students may use financial aid from their home institution (financial aid is not available through MCTC).
- MnSCU Visiting Student status is not available to PSEO students currently admitted/enrolled at another MnSCU campus.
- Visiting students may only register for up to 12 credits at MCTC. The maximum number of total enrolled credits at all MnSCU system colleges and universities cannot exceed 22 in any semester.
- MnSCU Visiting Students must meet any required course prerequisites or placement levels.
- MnSCU Visiting Students can enroll in public courses, high demand/non-public courses are not available.
- MnSCU Visiting Student status is not available for students seeking to complete a certificate, diploma or degree at MCTC; you must apply for admission to the college.
To register for courses as a MnSCU Visiting Student you need to complete the following steps:
Please note: Registration for MnSCU Visiting Students opens the same date as Non-Degree Seeking Student registration each term. Refer to the Academic Calendar for registration dates.
Step 1: Log in to your e-Services account at your home campus.
Step 2: Click “Find A Course”
Step 3: Click “Course Equivalencies” tab
- Change “Desired Semester” to the term in which you wish to enroll. (ex. Fall)
- Choose “Subject” of course
- Enter “Course Number”
- Click “Find Equivalents”
You are required to meet the required course placement level(s) and any prerequisites in order to enroll in the course. If you do not meet the appropriate requirements, you will be blocked from registering.
Step 4: Search for courses at MCTC and Register:
- Click “Minneapolis Community and Technical College” in the “institution” box
- Click “Section Availability: once you locate the desired course
- Click the shopping cart icon under “Actions” to add the course to your cart
- Click “Continue to Registration”
- Click the white box next to the course title to select the course
- Click “Register for checked courses” box
- Enter your e-Services password in the box provided
- Click “Register” box.
Step 5: Pay your tuition. Visiting students are not eligible for financial aid at MCTC.
- Click “Bills & Payment”
- Click “Payment toward specific institution” tab
- Continue to enter all appropriate information to complete your payment
Step 6. Set up MCTC campus e-mail and D2L.
Two-Year Colleges Make the Grade
“The pendulum has swung” toward community colleges.
In a recent Star Tribune article, community colleges were recognized for offering an inexpensive, fast-track path to employment. Although once regarded as “the 13th grade,” popular opinion about community college has since changed.Read More