International Transfer Student
If you are currently enrolled at another U.S. college/university or English language school/institute and you are seeking to transfer to MCTC to enroll in courses to complete a degree, please complete the following process for admission to the college. To be eligible you must already have a Form I-20 issued by the school you are presently attending. To be admitted as an international student on an F-1 Student Visa you must be degree seeking and attend full-time (minimum of 12 credits). Students are eligible to apply for admission to the fall, spring or summer session.
To be considered for admission you must complete the following steps and submit all required documentation by the published International Student INSIDE of the U.S. Admissions Deadline. With the exception of the online application form, all forms and documentation requested must be submitted together in one packet by or before the application deadline to the address listed below.
Complete and submit the International Student Orientation Worksheet.
OPTIONAL: Complete and submit Release of Information Form for International Applicants. Minneapolis Community and Technical College complies with federal and state laws and regulations. Unless required by federal or state law, no one else may review your file without your written and signed consent. You have the right to grant permission to disclose or discuss information regarding your information with others. In order to grant permission, you need to complete and submit the Release of Information for International Student Applicants form. Completion and submission of this form is optional––you do not have to grant others permission to see your records. Completion and submission of this form means you are giving your consent freely and voluntarily and that you understand the consequences of granting consent to another party.
- Print the International Admissions Checklist for Students Seeking to Transfer to MCTC from Another School in the U.S.
- Complete and submit online International Online Application.
- Pay the one-time $20 nonrefundable application fee. Submit a check or money order payable in U.S. dollars to MCTC along with your application materials. Do not send cash. Please note that you cannot pay your application fee online. Your application file will not be reviewed until your application fee has been paid.
- Meet academic requirements for international students.
- Complete testing or courses to demonstrate proficiency in English and meet academic requirements for international students.
- Submit official copies of all previous college/university transcripts. If your transcript is not in English, it must be translated into English by an evaluation agency (such as WES or ECE) or you must provide a certified, literal translation.
- Complete and submit the Financial Certification Statement form. Your estimated expenses must show that you have funding for one full calendar year.
- Complete and submit the Immunization Record for International Students.
- Submit a photocopy of current passport.
- Submit a photocopy of current visa.
- Submit a copy of current I-94. You may print off the I-94 at the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol website or submit a copy of the white (I-94) card attached to your passport and submit with application materials.
- Submit a photocopy of current I-20 form.
- Submit completed F-1 Transfer Authorization form. This form is completed by you and the DSO (Designated Student Officer) at your current college/university.
- Complete Placement Testing and meet minimum placement test score requirements as follows:
Please send your completed forms and all supporting documentation to:
Minneapolis Community and Technical College
International Student Admissions, Suite T.2200
1501 Hennepin Avenue
Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A. 55403
You will receive a letter about your admission status within 30 business days of our receipt of your complete application. MCTC is not able to release the application decision over the phone to you or others.
If you are admitted to the college, your SEVIS record will be transferred to MCTC and you will be issued a new I-20 form. Upon admission you will get a letter with information about how to sign up and attend New Student Orientation and Registration. You will register for your first term classes during your on-campus Orientation session so we recommend you complete your Orientation as soon as possible after admission to have more classes to choose from. If you are a new full-time student who has an F-1 Student Visa, you must also attend an international student orientation meeting. Information on this event will be in your letter of acceptance to the college. You MUST sign up and complete Orientation before the start of the term in order to register for your first term courses.