Concurrent / Part-time Student
Please complete the following steps for admission if you are seeking International Admission under one of the following visa types and you are not seeking to complete a degree or receive an I-20 from Minneapolis Community and Technical College:
- You are currently enrolled at another college/university with an F-1 student visa status and you are seeking to take one or more courses at MCTC while continuing your enrollment at your home campus. You must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits at the same time between your home campus and MCTC.
- You currently hold an H (work) or J (Au Pair/Student Exchange) visa and you are seeking to enroll in 11 credits or less.
Complete and submit the International Student Orientation Worksheet.
OPTIONAL: Complete and submit Release of Information Form for International Applicants. Minneapolis Community and Technical College complies with federal and state laws and regulations. Unless required by federal or state law, no one else may review your file without your written and signed consent. You have the right to grant permission to disclose or discuss information regarding your information with others. In order to grant permission, you must complete and submit the Release of Information for International Student Applicants form. Completion and submission of this form means you are giving your consent freely and voluntarily and understand the consequences of granting your consent to another party.
- Print the International Admissions Checklist for Non-Degree Seeking/Part-Time Students in the U.S.
- Complete and submit the Online Application for International Student Admission.
- Pay the one-time $20 nonrefundable application fee. Submit a check or money order payable in U.S. dollars to MCTC along with your application materials. Do not send cash. Please note that you cannot pay your application fee online. Your application file will not be reviewed until your application fee has been paid.
- Complete the testing or courses to show proficiency in English and meet academic requirements for international students.
- If applicable, submit official copies of all previous college/university transcripts. If the transcript is not in English, it must be translated into English by an evaluation agency or you must provide a certified, literal translation. Visit the Registrar’s webpage for further information regarding transfer of your previous college credits.
- Complete and submit the Immunization Record for International Students.
- Submit a photocopy of current passport.
- Submit a photocopy of current visa.
- Submit a copy of current I-94. You may print off the I-94 at the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol website or submit a copy of the white (I-94) card attached to your passport and submit with application materials.
- If applicable, submit a photocopy of current I-20 form.
- If you are a J1 visa holder, submit a photocopy of the DS-2019 Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitors.
- Complete Placement Testing and meet minimum placement test score requirements as follows:
Please send your completed forms and all supporting documentation to:
Admissions – Attn: International Student Admission
Minneapolis Community and Technical College
1501 Hennepin Avenue – Suite T.2200
Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A. 55403
You will receive a letter about your admission status within 30 business days of the application deadline or our receipt of your complete application. MCTC will not release the application decision over the phone to anyone, including applicants/students.
If you are admitted to the college, information will be provided in your acceptance letter about registering for courses.