International Student Admissions
International students earn technical, career and academic degrees at MCTC each year. An “international student” is someone who is not a U.S. citizen or immigrant. Some international students are already living in the U.S. when they apply and others travel from their home countries. You are invited to apply to MCTC and join our international community!
In Admissions at MCTC, there is an international admissions advisor who will review your application and documents. This person can provide help and answer questions during the admissions process.
As the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) system transitions to a common log in process across campuses, you may experience technical difficulties with the online application. If so, please call 612-659-6765.
- Apply as an international student if you are not a U.S. citizen and not an immigrant. If you are a permanent resident, refugee or person with political asylum status, apply for general admission as a new college student instead.
- You need a non-immigrant visa or an F-1 or student visa to attend college. About visas.
- You have to show proficiency in English and meet academic requirements for international students to be accepted.
- Federal financial aid is not available to international students.
- Acceptance into the college does not guarantee enrollment into career and technical programs. Your academic record and placement test results must meet the program requirements, and space must be available in order to enroll. International students are not eligible for admission to the Air Traffic Control program.
Your application for admission and all related documents must be in Admissions by the following dates to be considered for the semester.
- If you are NOT living in the U.S.:
- May 1 for admission to the fall semester
- October 1 for spring semester
- No summer admission
- If you are living in the U.S.:
- June 1 for fall semester
- November 1 for spring semester
- April 1 for summer
For application steps and instructions, select the type of international applicant you are:
Prospective international student applying from a foreign country seeking an F-1 Student Visa.
Individual currently visiting/living in the U.S. requesting to change current visa status to F-1 student status (example: B1/B2, F2, J1, H4) to complete a degree program.
Student currently enrolled at another U.S. university or English language school seeking to transfer to MCTC on an F-1 visa status to complete a degree program. Student must have a current Form I-20 issued by school presently attending.
Student with F-1 student visa status currently enrolled at another U.S. college/university or an individual currently maintaining a visa (H, J, K, U) in the U.S. seeking to complete classes but not seeking a degree or requesting an I-20 from Minneapolis Community and Technical College.
Two-Year Colleges Make the Grade
“The pendulum has swung” toward community colleges.
In a recent Star Tribune article, community colleges were recognized for offering an inexpensive, fast-track path to employment. Although once regarded as “the 13th grade,” popular opinion about community college has since changed.Read More
MCTC Works! Register now for the fall semester.
Registration is still open for the fall semester!Watch the Video
Te invitamos a conocer nuestras programas educativos (Univision).Mira el Video