Choosing Your Program
Choosing a program and declaring your major
On the online application, you will be asked to choose a program of study. We also refer to this as declaring your major. Declaration of a major does not guarantee enrollment in that major. All prerequisites and admission criteria must be met prior to enrollment and your admissions advisor can help you plan for what you may need to complete first to enter a program.
- You must choose a program to be eligible for financial aid.
- You will choose your first classes based on the program you indicate.
- You must meet program placement requirements in order to enroll in program courses. The following programs have additional admission requirements which you can find on posted on each educational program page: Cinema, Nursing and Polysomnographic (sleep) Technology.
- If you plan to complete two years of general education credits before transferring to complete your bachelor's degree then your program is liberal arts.
- If you haven’t decided on a program yet, pick the one that most closely matches your interests.
- You can find more information about our programs on the educational program pages or by contacting admissions.
If you'd like more information about declaring or changing your major, or selecting the right courses please log into the intranet and go to academic advising.
Have a question?
Find answers to your questions and ask us!Ask a question