Have a question about applying to MCTC?
The best place to get started is to attend a Campus Visit. Sessions are offered weekly to give you a complete overview of the college, our programs, services and admission requirements. It also includes a campus tour. Learn about campus visits and admissions events.
Want to meet with an admissions advisor?
Quick questions? You can meet for 15 minutes with an admissions advisor by coming to Admissions during Walk-in Hours. Call 612-659-6282 first to confirm that hours will be held as scheduled.
Admissions Walk-in Schedule
- Mondays 10 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Tuesdays 10 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays 10 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Thursdays 10 a.m.–3 p.m.
No walk-ins are available on: Monday, Nov. 11, Tuesday, Nov. 12 from 3–5:30 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 28, Tuesday, Dec. 24, Wednesday, Dec. 25, Tuesday, Dec. 31 and Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2014.
- If you need assistance with the following and believe you may need more than the 15 minute walk-ins provide, call 612-659-6209 to schedule an appointment with an Admissions Advisor:
- You are considering applying for a selective admission program at MCTC; Nursing, ENDT, PSOM, Cinema, Air Traffic Control or you are seeking admission as an International Student.
- You would like to discuss a particular program more in-depth.
- You are unable to attend during scheduled walk-in times.
- Are you a current or returning MCTC student? Contact the Counseling and Advising Office (T.2500) at 612-659-6700.
- Are you looking for an appointment to discuss financial aid? Call 612-659-6240 for assistance; if needed, a referral to a meeting with a financial aid officer will be provided.
Student Services Center (T.2200)
Minneapolis Community and Technical College
1501 Hennepin Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55403
MCTC Hours of Operation
Two-Year Colleges Make the Grade
“The pendulum has swung” toward community colleges.
In a recent Star Tribune article, community colleges were recognized for offering an inexpensive, fast-track path to employment. Although once regarded as “the 13th grade,” popular opinion about community college has since changed.Read More