Have a question about applying to MCTC?
Another option is to click on “Ask Us” at the bottom left menu on this of the web page to submit a general question (not specific to your personal application). See if someone has asked the question before and get the answer.
Come visit campus! It’s the best way to get your questions answered. Twice a week, no appointment needed. Learn about campus visits and admissions events.
Sign up to get personalized admissions info and reminders.
Want to meet with an admissions advisor?
Quick questions? You can meet for 15 minutes with an admissions advisor by coming to Admissions during Walk-in Hours. Call 612-659-6282 first to confirm that hours will be held as scheduled.
Admissions Advisor Walk-in Schedule
- Mondays 10 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Tuesdays 10 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays 10 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Thursdays 10 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
WALK-INS ARE NOT AVAILABLE:
- If you need assistance with the following and believe you may need more than the 15 minute walk-ins provide, call 612-659-6209 to schedule an appointment with an Admissions Advisor:
- You are considering applying for a selective admission program at MCTC; Nursing, ENDT, PSOM, Cinema, Air Traffic Control or you are seeking admission as an International Student.
- You would like to discuss a particular program more in-depth.
- You are unable to attend during scheduled walk-in times.
- Are you a current or returning MCTC student? Contact the Counseling and Advising Office (T2500) at 612-659-6700.
- Are you looking for an appointment to discuss financial aid? Call 612-659-6240 for assistance; if needed, a referral to a meeting with a financial aid officer will be provided.
Student Services Center (T.2200)
Minneapolis Community and Technical College
1501 Hennepin Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55403
Two-Year Colleges Make the Grade
“The pendulum has swung” toward community colleges.
In a recent Star Tribune article, community colleges were recognized for offering an inexpensive, fast-track path to employment. Although once regarded as “the 13th grade,” popular opinion about community college has since changed.Read More