Have a question about applying to MCTC?
The best place to get started is to attend a Campus Visit. Sessions are offered weekly to give you a complete overview of the college, our programs, services and admission requirements. It also includes a campus tour. Learn about campus visits and admissions events.
Want to meet with an admissions advisor?
We invite you to meet with an Admissions advisor during our walk-in hours in room T.2500.
Admission Advising Walk-in Hours
- Monday 10 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Tuesday 10 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Wednesday 10 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Thursday 10 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Friday 1–4 p.m.
*Walk-ins will not be available on days when the campus or offices are closed––please see the academic calendar for these dates.
If you need assistance with the following or believe you may need more than 15 minutes, call 612-659-6209 to schedule an appointment with an Admissions Advisor:
- You are considering one of our selective admission programs (Nursing, Polysomnographic Technology or Cinema)
- You are seeking admission as an international student
- You would like to discuss a particular program more in-depth
- You are unable to attend during scheduled walk-in times
- Are you a current or returning MCTC student? Contact the Counseling and Advising Office in T.2500 or at 612-659-6700. If you have a Star ID and password you can access contact information for your assigned academic advisor through the intranet.
- Are you looking for an appointment to discuss financial aid? Call 612-659-6240 for assistance; if needed, a referral to a meeting with a financial aid officer will be provided.
International student contact
Sherry Brewer, our international student admissions advisor, can provide help and answer questions from international students during the admissions process. Contact Sherry at 612-659-6201 or by email at email@example.com.
Hours of operation
Our Voices: Morgan O'Sullivan
“Sometimes I felt like I was on the outside looking in the window,” she said. “Now, thanks to the guidance I received from my mentors, I am on the inside looking out to my success on my new path.”Read More
Te invitamos a conocer nuestras programas educativos (Univision).Mira el Video
Two-Year Colleges Make the Grade
“The pendulum has swung” toward community colleges.
In a recent Star Tribune article, community colleges were recognized for offering an inexpensive, fast-track path to employment. Although once regarded as “the 13th grade,” popular opinion about community college has since changed.Read More