Here are the requirements for acceptance to MCTC. Career and technical programs may have additional program requirements.
High school diploma or GED
Admission to MCTC requires a high-school diploma or GED (General Educational Development).
If you are a high school senior applying to enroll in college after graduation, you can apply and be accepted before you graduate, then send your final high school transcript.
If you will be a high school junior or senior, you can apply to take college courses that count toward your high school graduation requirements, through the PSEO program.
You do not need to be a resident of Minneapolis or the state of Minnesota to be admitted to MCTC.
If you are not a U.S. citizen or immigrant, or if you plan to seek a student visa to study in the United States, you need to apply as an international student.
Not considered in the admissions process
- GPA (grade point average)
- Class rank
- ACT and SAT scores (If you’ve taken the ACT, please send the results to MCTC admissions as they may exempt you from placement testing)
- Courses completed (though certain courses are required by the state or your school district for graduation from high school)
- Essays or letters of recommendation
- Extracurricular activities