College Policy 3.21
Veterans Academic Policy
Part 1. Regulation
The Veterans Administration requires that all students who receive veterans benefits complete the number of credits required for benefit entitlement. This regulation is based on credits earned each term.
Subpart A. Credits
Veteran credit levels are as follows:
- Full Time = 12 credits +
- Time = 9, 10, or 11 credits
- Time = 6, 7, or 8 credits
- Less than 1/2 Time = Tuition Only
A veteran who falls below his/her credit level will have benefits adjusted according to the number of credits passed for that term.
Subpart 2. Incomplete Grades
Incomplete grades are allowed as long as they are converted to a letter grade by the end of the following term. If an incomplete is not made up, adjustment of benefits will be made as in number Subpart A.
Subpart 3. Withdrawal
Withdrawal from courses for which the student has received benefits will mean a reduction of benefits and an overpayment.
Subpart 4. Reporting to VA
Grades are reported to the Veterans Administration at the end of each term.
- Information gathered on students will be used only to further a student's educational programs.
- Requests for information by telephone will not be honored.
- Students must request academic transcripts in writing.
Date effective: 7/1/1999
Date last amended: 7/1/1999