College Policy 3.15
Technical Program Review
Part 1. Frequency and Purpose of Review
All occupational/technical programs will be reviewed annually. The purpose of the review is continuous improvement in program efficiency and effectiveness and in the delivery of instruction. The program review will:
- give faculty and the department the qualitative and quantitative data needed to improve the program and instruction;
- provide for ongoing analysis of the program's efficiency and effectiveness;
- plan for meeting current and identified future needs of students and the state of Minnesota;
- analyze program data in the context of institutional development, accreditation, and an institution's unique mission;
- establish consistency in the standards of review used across the MnSCU system and meet the program reporting requirements established in board policy and in state statutes.
Part 2. Timing of Review
Data will be gathered and reviewed beginning in the fall quarter and continued through spring quarter, with the review document completed by June of the academic year.
Part 3. Participation in the Review
Participants will include program faculty, the supervising dean, and the Research Director.
Part 4. Content of the Review
The review process will be facilitated by the supervising dean. Data will be collected and reviewed in the following areas:
- History of the program
- Purpose of the program
- Description of curriculum
- Enrollment and class size
- Graduation/Placement/Transfer Rate
- Program costs and revenue
- Student profile
- Institutional impact
- Satisfaction surveys
- Advisory committee function
A program summary will evaluate areas of strength and areas of concern and will make recommendations.
Part 5. Dissemination and Filing of Review
The review will be disseminated to faculty, advisory team members and the President's Council. Copies of the review will be held in the college library and the Office of Academic Affairs.
Date effective: 7/1/1999
Date last amended: 7/1/1999