Connect Day for Students
Saturday, Dec. 3,
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
T Building Skyway
Attention new and current students! Make sure your first week of the spring semester is worry free by participating in Connect Day!
- Tour: Find your classes on a campus tour. Tours leave from the tour table on skyway level of the Technical Building. Make sure to bring your class schedule.
- Student ID card: Get your campus card in Room T.2020 (Make sure you have a copy of your class schedule and a photo ID). If you need to print your class schedule, stop by Room T.3450.
- MCTC email: Activate your email account on the 3rd floor of the T-Building (Room T.3450).
- Parking Permit: Register your car online on the 3rd floor of the T-Building (Room T.3450) and then pickup your registration card at Public Safety (in the skyway level of the parking ramp).
- Book: Order books online in Room T.3450 or purchase them at the Bookstore (T.1800).
- Student Life: Meet a friendly face and learn about student clubs and organizations at the MCTC Student Life Resource Fair on the skyway level of the T-Building.
- Apply to MCTC: Apply to the college online on the 3rd floor of the T-Building (Room T.3450).
- Sign-up for a New Student Orientation: Sign-up for a New Student Orientation Session on the 3rd floor of the T-Building (Room. T.3450).
- Power of You and American Indian Program: Receive assistance with going over your class schedule, ordering books and setting up your MCTC e-mail account (Room T.4100).
- Walk in Advising: Meet with an academic advisor to help you complete the enrollment process or resolve other issues to start the term (Room T.2500).
Student Success Workshops
Making Successful Choices while in College
10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Presented by: Hermes Cervantes, Dean of Students
Sometimes, despite all our efforts to be successful in college and in life, we find ourselves "Off Course". This presentation will focus on recognizing when you are "Off Course" at college, in a relationship, in your job or somewhere else in your life.
Navigating your MCTC Student Account
T.4230, 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Presented by: Jamal Adam, Counselor
Learn how to check your grades, your financial aid status, view your tuition bill, and check your graduation requirements, all online! Successful navigation of your student account will start you out on the right path by providing tools to assist you in choosing the classes you need to complete your degree, diploma, or certificate.
T.4200, 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Presented by: MCTC Career Services Staff
Learn about the job search process and what is needed to apply for jobs while attending school. This session you will learn about work study positions, MCTC Job Bank, and general job opportunities. You will also learn about the necessary steps to apply for a job.
Deciding on Career and an Academic Major
T.5920, 10:30 a.m. and 12 p.m. Presented by: Linda Tse, Counselor
Many students start college without knowing what to major in. Learn how the career exploration process will help you find out more about yourself, the world of work, and a career/an academic major that will be a good fit for you.
MCTC Student Experience Panel
T-building Skyway, 11:30 a.m. Presented by: MCTC Student Leaders
Learn from fellow students all the things they wish they would have known as a new student. Panelists will discuss resources, student clubs and organizations and helpful hints for success.