Descubriendo Oportunidades en MCTC
"MCTC is like a family to me, and it provides an opportunity for change and growth." —Sheila, vice president of MCTC's Xicanos Latinos Unidos student club (pictured, right)
Parents, future students and working adults are invited to discover the MCTC campus and community on Saturday, March 21 from 8:15 a.m.–3 p.m!
On this day, you can:
- Meet with faculty, staff, students and alumni
- Learn how to get started and finance your education
- Tour our beautiful downtown campus
- Learn about careers and transfer options
- Apply to the college for FREE—we're waiving the $20 application fee!
- Be entered in a drawing to win a $500 scholarship from the MCTC Foundation
The event schedule is as follows:
- 8:15–9 a.m.—Guests arrive, enjoy coffee, juice and pastries in the Whitney Fine Arts Theater Lobby
- 9–10 a.m.—Welcome by President Mills-Novoa, presentation by Mexican Consul Alberto Fierro Garza and MCTC program highlights
- 10–10:15 a.m.—Break
- 10:15–11 a.m.—Workshop Sessions, Helland Center and Fine Arts Building
- 11–11:15 a.m.—Break
- 11:15—11:50 a.m.—Workshop Sessions, Helland Center and Fine Arts Building
- Noon–12:45 p.m.—Faculty/student/alumni panel, H.1002
- 12:45–1:30 p.m.—Lunch, 1st floor Helland Center
- 1:30–3 p.m.—Application assistance, Helland Center computer labs
We hope you can bring a friend and join us for this great event! Lunch will be provided. Please RSVP by March 19. Click here to register now!