Centennial Celebration Gala
Minneapolis Community and Technical College Turns 100 Years Old
Minneapolis Community and Technical College (MCTC), founded in 1914 as a vocational school for girls, turns 100 years old on Dec. 14, 2014. The College celebrated its centennial on Saturday, Nov. 15 at a fundraising gala with members of the community. Attendees were greeted by WCCO-TV Reporter Reg Chapman and MCTC Interim President Avelino Mills-Novoa.
College gala fundraising celebration Voices: A Tapestry of Time
The Gala events included:
- Silent auction and hors d’oeuvres (prepared by MCTC Culinary Arts students)
- MCTC Chamber and Jazz Ensembles
- Performance by jazz vocalist Prudence Johnson, accompanied by Dan Chouinard
- Living History Theatrical Performance
- Shaping our Future presentation; Harry Davis Jr., Board chair, MCTC Foundation
You can see photos of the event on Flickr and Vimeo.
The Foundation and the MCTC community thank our generous Gala Sponsors.
If you missed the event and would like to make a donation you can do so online, or by contacting the MCTC Foundation. Thank you for your support of Minneapolis Community and Technical College students.
Lourdmy Jean, Dedicated Nursing Student
Wife, mother, Nursing student—Lourdmy Jean is among the first cohort to begin the three-year BSN at MCTC and Augsburg.Read More